Sunday, December 20, 2009

Nec 2490wuxi2

Several weeks ago received my 24" Nec. There is a lot of info about it in the web, I will only tell some things. First of all... 24" is quite comfortable, and I do not feel it to be huge. Is is just as it should be. However, neck hurts as my head moves much:D.

On photo: sizes of 2490wuxi2 and 15" laptop screen compared.


About colors. The lack of A-TW polarizer is not such big trouble, but anyway the angles of view are quite small. In fact, you have to sit right in front of the screen and make only small movements as corners start fading very fast. But, as I have alreadry said, it is not a big problem for me.
After calibrating with Eye-One I can see 0-1, but cannot distinguish 255-253. Overmore, after several calibration attempts, I still get such curves:

(Confused)
This is not funny at all, as I do not need magenta in highlights. Haven't solved it yet, but of course I will.
Update: that was due to VGA connection. After changing computer I connected the display with DVI cable and the problem disappeared. I can see both 0-1 and 254-255, those calibration curves from image above are straight. Excellent!

Also, I found that 7" Bamboo tablet is difficult to use with 2 monitor configuration, as cursor movements become too abrupt. At single 24" it's ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment